[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: design questions

tesla-at-PUPMAN-dot-com on 16.01.99 07:01:25

To:   tesla-at-PUPMAN-dot-com
cc:    (bcc: Marco Denicolai/MARTIS)
Subject:  Re: design questions

>Original Poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com

>In a message dated 1/12/99 2:41:48 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>writes:

>>  Instead to oversize the capacitor to ? * 60 kV I tought to leave some
>>  margin (probably use a 100 kV capacitor) and use a safety gap on it
"just
>>  in case..."
>>
>Just out of curousity, what is a 100 kv capacitor in the .05 ufd to .10
ufd
>range likely to cost for this application?  Sounds like serious money.

>Ed Sonderman

Well, luckly money is not an issue here for me (this time!). But I am
seriously considering to have a customer pig wound to get 10 kV AC instead
of 20 kV AC from it. As I wrote before, 20 kVA rectified and with resonant
charging lead me into the 60 kV area (!). 30 kV would be easier to manage
:)