[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: First Tesla

to: Ryan

Your sec coil should be wound with #26 or #28 AWG --- not 8 gauge.  You
need in the area of 600 to 1000 turns for optimum performance.  I would
suggest a 4 inch dia SDR (sewer & drain) pipe which is available from any
local plumbing supply shop.  If you want complete plans (FREE) for a coil
with a 20 inch spark output contact me off-line.

Upgrade to a 12 kV  60 ma neon sign transformer which is available used
from any local neon sign shop for around $20.

For more money to fund your work ---- go visit the neighbors in your
"hood".  At $10 a pop for a good carwash, you should be able to wash approx
6-10 cars per week on a weekend.  Do a real good job and you could do them
every week for 2-3 weeks (a good job will guarantee you repeat business ---
a bad job will guarantee you only a one time job) which would give you
several hundred dollars.  Capitalism is easy if you can answer two
important questions: (1) Am I willing to work hard to achieve my goals?,
and (2) Do I have the patience and energy to do it?

If you can answer yes to both questions, and then apply yourself, you
should have your coil running in a few months.  Trying to do it in two
weeks with a first time coil is not a reasonable goal.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net