[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re: Resonance

>Original Poster: Philip <shadow42-at-totcon-dot-com>
>
>I used my scope and funtion gen. Fed sine wave intp base of coil and
>hooked scope to other end of coil. I increased frequency until wave form
>grew in voltage. That I assumed was the resonance point. Is this wrong?
>  Philip

Philip,

You don't need to actually attach the scope probe to the end of the coil.
Merely suspend it in the air a foot or so away.  We are talking about RF
frequencies here after all, and the probe will have no problem picking up
the signal.  Actually attaching it to the coil will load the coil (probe
capacitance etc.) thus  giving inaccurate results.

Zap!

Charles Brush
http://www.foundrygroup-dot-com/cbrush/fun