[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: tube specification

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
>
> Tesla List wrote:
> >
> > Original Poster: Mazzilli Vladimiro <mazvla-at-iol.it>
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I've bought some tubes at Milan Hamfest but for two I've no
> > specification
> >
> >  one is Amperex 7609 (I think tetrode)
> >
> >  other is RCA VT165 (1624) With the shape of 807
> >
> > Is the first equivalent to the 4x150a?
> >
> > If anyone have informations, specification or pinouts about i'll be very
> > glad.
> >
> > Sincerely
> >
> > Vladimiro Mazzilli
>
> Vladimiro,
>
> My "Tube Lore" book lists the 7609 as being similar to the 4X150D but
> with extra resistance to vibration...
>
> -- Bert --
and the 1625, by memory is an 807 with 12 or 24 volt filament, so the
1624 is probably the other.  Amateur Radio handbooks used to list them
because surplus ones were common, and so cheap that we ran them at 1500
volts, even if they failed in few hours, rather than the 897's.
--
Will; Amateur Radio call K 2 L B ; Rochester, New York, USA
  e-mail <herzog-at-frontiernet-dot-net>