[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HOW MUCH POWER NEEDED FOR A TC?

Marco,

> Original Poster: "Marco Denicolai" <Marco.Denicolai-at-tellabs.fi>
> Sorry, again I mistyped energy for power: I meant
>
> Power = Energy * sec = 800 * 0.5 * 0.1E-6 * 30000 * 30000 = 36 kW

No, I'm sorry. I understood watt*sec, however, the 30kv resonant charging
scheme threw me way off for some reason (the way I had read it at the time I
guess - makes perfect sense now). My fault.

hmm...That's a lot of juice, isn't it! (45 joules). Have you thought about the
arc distance? Do you have the clearance? (and a camera?). Also, is the coil
sized for this much power. The power handling capability of the gap would be a
big concern to me. Granted, I would love to see this puppy running, but I have
to wonder if your operating environment can handle what the coil might be
capable of.

Bart