[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Copper Strap as primary circut wiring?

Yes, the copper strap would make a fine conductor for both the ground and
the tank circuit. In the tank, though, try to keep sharp cut corners to a
minimum. The sharp edge does present a greater source of corona than
normal wire, but adequate insulation should keep that from being a
problem.

On Thu, 01 Jul 1999 05:29:59 -0600 Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes:
>Original Poster: "Coiler" <mycroft-at-access1-dot-net>
>
>I just managed to pick up a bunch of copper strap/foil as scrap.
>To wit, about 50ft of 1.25" wide, 1mil thick copper.
>
>My first thought was to use this as my ground line, but then I
>remembered
>seeing Terry's various experimental gaps, that all seem to use
>copper foil for the connections.. so the question:
>Would it be reasonable to use this strapping (possibly doubled or
>tripled)
>as my tank wiring? Especially to buss my capacitors, and to hook the
>gap into the circut?

Yes! Not only is an excellent material to use, if you cut and fit it
carefully, it looks really esthetically pleasing.

>I use a lot of 1/4-20 brass hardware, so I could just use a hole punch
>to open the mounting hole, and then route the strap as needed.
>
>Commnets?

<snip>

Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/dynoget/tagj.