[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tube watts & volts

I'm a little confused on two areas,

Is the voltage rating of a tube, say, 1500 for an 811-A, peak or rms?

The other question I have is the wattage an 811-A can handle. In the back
of Brent Turner's book, it is listed as having a plate wattage capability
of 65 watts, but I've seen circuits, specifically two push-pull
oscillators and a driver for a sonic bath, that use them at over 200
watts apiece. ???  I'd be glad for a little help here, since I KNOW there
is someone with the answer out there...

Thanks,

-The Electrophile-
Grayson Dietrich
Medina, OH
See my HV Haven (it does NOT do jusctice!)
www.geocities-dot-com/WestHollywood/Stonewall/2509/index.html

Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/dynoget/tagj.