[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MMCs

Hi Sebastian,

	You want caps with really low dissipation too.  the 448 series is .1%
while the 428 series is .15%  In my quick look, I think the 448 series
would be better.

	I would worry some about running just one string.  All the primary current
is usually divided up between many strings of caps.  A single string my
overheat and fail but it depends on you system...

	EVOX is a common substitute for WIMA caps so no problem there.  I was VERY
impressed with the great data sheets they have.  They specifically list
thermal dissipation for each part!

Cheers,

	Terry

BTW - I sent this original post out twice.  It was a goof on my part and
not the dual post problem. :-)