[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Big heavy poly cap

> To all
> 	Just finished putting my capacitor together. Horizontal
> plate type in
> oil, works great at 50% duty (6 kV) although its big and heavy.
> But I'm not
> telling anyone here anything new. It's made of Polyethylene Terephtalate
> (PET) plastic sheets. 8 sheets totaling 1.03 mm or .315"for
> you old inch people like me.
PET, as in Mylar? You may have some trouble here. While the standoff
characteristics are great, so is the dissipation. Can you say "melt down
and smoke in no time flat"?
Someone check me on this please, but I think you've got a great big
paperweight for TC use :/

> TNX- Denis Despins
> KC6TRW

Michael Baumann
Coiler, Homebrewer, Nerd. mycroft-at-access1-dot-net