[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

UK MMC mounting

Hi All,
         as the caps we have ordered are axially mounted I wonder if anyone
had given much thought to how to mount them.  The idea I have had is to
solder them up into the required string length then slide them into a piece
of plastic pipe the right length.  The connection would be by some brass
inserts pushed into each end of the pipe that can easily be made on even the
most basic lathe.  These would have a threaded stud throught their centre to
connect the capacitors to your coil.  This would give you a nice professional
looking capacitor that can be altered very easily as all you have to do if
you want to change the capacitance is remove one of the tubes, no
unsoldering, no mess, just a pair of bolts and its out.

Any comments on how to improve this idea
Nick Field