[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ground rods and vegetation

At 17:24 12/07/99 -0600, Gary Lau wrote:

>Outside of my garage where I do my coiling is a row of rhododendron bushes.
>About a foot beside one of them is where I have driven my single 8 foot
>ground rod.  This rod has been there for a little over a year now and I run
>my coil on average perhaps 5 minutes per month.  I always soak the soil
>prior to running the coil.   And this bush, and only this bush is just about
>dead.  Has anyone else observed dying vegetation near ground systems?

Not so much the ground, but I did kill half of my wife's fichus ..... quite
a neat job really ;-)

Re-tuned the system and got much better than expected output and the poor
plant was within striking distance.  All of the foliage on one side
turned-up its toes and fell to the ground.  Interestingly the other side of
the plant was fine and survives to this day!

Mark

http://www.cobweb-dot-com.au/~dkfinnis