[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tuning problem

Hi all,

I have just gotten some Al air-con duct for my new toroid, about 30cm in
diameter and 3 meters long. Since I'm using it I am unable to tune my TC to
get more than 3cm sparks.

One thing I have noticed though is the more topload I add the more turns I
need to use on the primary? Does this sound right (isn't it supposed to be
the other way around?)?

Current TC specs:

Primary: about 12 turns 1/4" refrigeration tubing (flat spiral).
Secondary: 1050 turns of 0.5mm magnet wire, 5" diameter Acrylic tube
RSG, 3100rpm, 4 electrodes
NST, 12KV, 30mA
cap: 15KV, 0.02 microF pulse discharge capacitor

Is it possible that my toroid is too big?

Any help will be appriciated.

H Buirski
South Africa