[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

What's wrong ? (Was:MMC partial failure)

Hi All,
         after my last post I headed straight for the garage and ran the coil
flat out for 1/2 hour with the secondary shorted and the gap as wide as it
could
go to see if the cap would fail from over voltage but the darn thing just
won't blow.  I checked all the caps afterwards for warming but they weren't
even slightly warm.
It is nice to know that my system will run for 1/2 hour without anything
melting, exploding or breaking down, but as the pulsed arc problem persists I
would still like to get to the bottom of this.

Perplexed in GB
Nick Field