[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: it works!

At 11:14 PM 7/26/99 -0600, Tesla List wrote:

>Original Poster: NickandSim-at-aol-dot-com

>This may be irresponsible advice but I just put the gap as wide as I can get
>it and I have about 1½ hours run time and haven't lost a neon yet ( fizz,
>bang - Oh ****) And I don't run the gap across the neon.

Can you say "playing the odds" ? Sure you can.

>Who needs a safety gap, the only capacitor I have ever lost was killed by the
>safety gap taking it over the dv/dt ratings - I've run without one ever since
>and as your cap isn't reso you probably don't need one.

It's your NST and your choice..but I'll keep my safety gap. It's always a good
idea to protect the neon, unless, of course you actually enjoy re-potting or
buying another transformer when... -not if- ...the "fizz bang - Oh sh*t"
incident inevitably happens.

Don

--
"In a age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                                 - George Orwell -