[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MMC question (SMT cap comment)

>Original Poster: "Reinhard Walter Buchner" <rw.buchner-at-verbund-dot-net>
>That pretty much sums up the capacitor abreviations used (aside from
>SMD and spedcial purposes caps, but who wants to use SMD caps on
>a TC ;ö))

And why not use SMD caps.. very low series L, cheap... Put them all on a
little board then pot it. At 500 V or 1 kV per cap, even the little 1206
packages might work without breaking down. So you have 20 in a row to get 20
kV rating. It is still a pretty compact device.

I confess I haven't seen polypropylene surface mount caps in a reasonable
size, though.