[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ball bearings

At 05:20 PM 6/16/99 -0400, you wrote:
snip....

>True.  Of course if one just HAS to machine a hole in a ball
>bearing, the only way to do it in the hobby shop is EDM. Every
>teslaphile should know about EDM.  After all, we already have just
>about everything needed.  HV tranny, cap, wire, etc.
>
>John

Even cobolt bits (that cut through everything else) and brand new files,
just slide on the flatened ball bearing steel surface!!!  That is darn hard
stuff!!!  A hand grinder will make flats in it very easily and now I am
going to just use high temp solder to attach it to brass rod.  Looks nice
and a test part I made seems rock solid.  I worry a little about the solder
melting but I have MOVs in the circuit too.

In retrospect, I could have found much better solutions.  However, this has
been a very fun and interesting adventure so far :-))

	Terry