[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Math Doodling II

Dave, All,

Making a low voltage high current coil is difficult but not impossible.  My
8X6 runs off of a 4000 V air-cooled CO2 laser power supply transformer.  The
primary tank capacitors are 6- 1uf GE transmission line caps in series.  The
biggest problem was the RSG.  I did have to put bearings on each side of the
shaft and use a flex coupling to the motor to get a tight tolerance in the
gaps (0.02in) so it will fire at the low voltages. It has served me well for
about a year now, and I can say I've had a {heck} of alot less problems with
it than I had with NSTs.

By the way, WinTesla version 3 should be ready in a week or two.  I've added
a metric conversion toolbar button, and I'm finishing the PSpice file output
section.  It will have a simple RLC model, Malcoms distributed ladder model,
and a complex model from Terry and others. It will be available for download
at http://members.aol-dot-com/rscopper/index.htm  In the next version I'll add
some of the power formulas that have been passed around lately.

Later,

R. Scott Coppersmith

P.S. The company I work for (BOSCH) has published an article on my coil
building.  If I can get permission from the lawyers to post it on my web site
I will.

In a message dated 6/17/99 4:41:27 PM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com