[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Introduction & Tube 833A

Hi Janne
Welcome to tube coiling.
The 833A is an excellent triode for tube coils.
Your quoted price is very reasonable for unused tubes.
Here are the specs:
Plate dissipation in watts: 450
Plate voltage: 4000v
Plate current: 500ma
DC Grid current: 100ma
Filament voltage: 10v
Filament current 12.3a
Grid voltage -at-~3000 plate voltage is ~ -300 to 350
These are max ratings, however, these are robust tubes
and are often used past ratings for short periods.
You can parallel tubes for more plate current, but watch
the plate voltage for flash over stress.

I suggest that you stay with a AC power for your
oscillator and avoid top loads. Tube coils are insidious
for producing RF burns as they lack the loud spark noise
and generally (not always) produce beautiful brush corona
discharge and thus may be perceived not dangerous.
Safe coiling and good luck.
John

John W. Gudenas, Ph.D.
Department Chair of Computer Science and Mathematics
Aurora University, Aurora IL 60506