[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Displacement current

  Dr Resonance, All -

  I suggest that you refer to Maxwell's Treatise and the index where the
wording "electric displacement" is found. There is no reference to "
displacement currents". Unfortunately over the years since the Treatise was
published the wording was incorrectly changed by writers without realizing
they were also changing the meaning of what Maxwell was saying. Because of
this mistake looking for displacement currents or magnetic fields in a
capacitor, etc, have nothing to do with Maxwell. Maxwell's "electric
displacement" is a unique concept vital to his electrical theory and is not
the same as "displacement currents".

  John Couture