[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Great sparks! Then....

Hi Travis,

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Travis Tabbal <bigboss-at-xmission-dot-com>
>
> Do I need a larger inner turn on the primary?

Yes.

> Or am I missing something
> here? I'm a few turns in from the outside on the tap, so I could loose a
> turn or two from the center and retune still. It's a 6" secondary with a
> flat spiral primary, inner diamater on the primary is 8".

Your primary to secondary spacing is only 1 inch and actually, probably a
little bit less if wound center to center of wire. Since you are arcing
primary inner turn to bottom of secondary, you know you they are too close
together. Typical spacing is 1.5 to 2.5 inch. Since you have already tried
insulating, your best bet is to simply increase the primary to secondary
distance.

Good luck,
Bart