From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Partial Discharges.....A good reason for cap failure?
Date: Sunday, March 07, 1999 4:09 AM

Original Poster: "Reinhard Walter Buchner" <rw.buchner-at-verbund-dot-net>

SNIP!

Fr. Tom,
Thank you.
Yes, your point of a new coiler maybe believing oil
isnīt necessary, IS a good point. I didnīt mean to
say this, of course. I just wanted to make sure that
coilers should realize, that even though they are
pouring "gallons" of oil into their caps, this will not
totally eliminate the corona production (this is a
hard to believe fact, but after seeing this effect a
few times I DO believe it). Your last comment is an
important consideration to take, when building your
own pulse caps. It might be worthwhile to wrap the
connection tab with a few sheets of interleaved poly
and paper, all the way from the bolt hole to the point
where the connection strap turns into the actual
capacitor plate. Slightly off-topic:
But how did you get interested in Tesla coils? Thanks!

SNIP!