[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Spark Gap Construction Questions

I recently went to "Twin City Surplus", in Reno and bought some stuff
for a spark gap. I got a medium sized  AC motor, it has nothing on it
to tell anthing about it, and a 3.75" AC fan. The fan says 7200 RPM,
220 volt. When I hooked up the motor, it ran fine, when I hooked up
the fan, it was spinning VERY slow, like 30 RPM.

Does anybody know what could be wrong? If its relevant, it says "Use
with external Capaciter" on the outside, and gives a value, which I
can't remember.

Also, would a RQ style gap be too much for a 12KV, 60 mA NST
powersupply?

What would be the best electrodes for it? I have tons of stuff laying
around, steel bolts, rebar, 12 AWG copper, thin peices of iron (from
an ignition coil), sheet metal, aluminum flashing, more.

Thanks in advance.
Chris.

==
...Courtesy of Yahoo! Mail...