[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Pulsed Tube Coil Work (with updates)

John,

My  interest is in pulsed mosfet driven magnifiers, rather than
tubes, but I suspect that secondary doesn't care whether it's
being driven by a mosfet or a valve.

Naturally I want to produce long sparks. I have in the past managed
12" at 150 - 800watts but I think I could do better.

Could you describe what your best performing primary / topload /
secondary arrangement and make a guess at the input impedence of
the secondary. If its not too far from the 100kHz to 250KHz that I can
work with I'ld like to reproduce it and drive it with my new mosfet bridge,
either via a primary coil, or more likely build a matching transformer
and bottom feed it.

Alan Sharp (UK)