[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Displacement Current Revisited

  Bart -

  I have lost track of the type of lamp you were using. Was it incandescent,
LED, or fluorescent?

  These three types of lamps would be affected differently around a Tesla
coil. For example what was the size of the TC, the distance, the length and
type of the antenna, the current, and was a tuned circuit involved, etc?

  Also, a flashing lamp energized by a spark would be a different phenomenon
compared to a continuously lighted lamp energized by electrical fields IMO.

  John Couture

------------------------------

At 11:51 AM 3/22/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Original Poster: Bart Anderson <mopar-at-uswest-dot-net>
>
>John (All),
>
>If Malcolm's LED's were possibly lit via far em fields and Reinhard's with
>induction fields near the coil, I am curious how my lamp was lit? Again, I
>connected one end only to RF ground and I was approximately 15 or 20 feet from
>the coil. The lamp lit with "each" strike at the grounded end (no antenna and
>reproducable - everyone should be able to do this).
>
>The strike ring may be playing a part as it is being induced by the primary
>just
>as the secondary is. At the time of each induction (for lack of a better
>thought), how does the secondary see ground? I guess I wonder if ground
>potential is pulled up during induction phase of the primary when a strike
ring
>is used. Kind of makes one wonder what would happen with a flat spiral coil
>below the primary as part of rf ground (just a spur of the moment thought).
>
>Bart
>
>Tesla List wrote:
>
>> Original Poster: "John H. Couture" <COUTUREJH-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
>>
>>   Malcolm -
>>
>>   I agree that the far field or electromagnetic field (Hertz) was what
>> energized your LED's.

 sensitive to the EM field.