[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Displacement Current Revisited

  Richard W. -

  I understand the near field to be due to the RF currents that are flowing
in the secondary coil. According to Faraday an osillating current creates a
magnetic field around the conductor. I believe this field could be dectected
by a compass if the it is strong enough and if the sine wave is
unsymmetrical as Tesla indicated. This current is the same RF current that
produces the electromagnetic field radiating from the coil. It is also the
same current that charges the toroid.

  Do I understand correctly that you performed the compass test?

  If this test works I agree with you that it would give the polarity
regarding the offset of the wave.

  John Couture