[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: DC to AC Converter

Hi Gary,
           Does the output really have to be nice sinusoidal AC?
You could bypass the NST etc. completely if you have to resort to
switchmode converters. Also removes a source of inefficiency in the
chain. Step the output up directly and rectifify and use a charging
choke. If you must resort to AC, best you can do is a PWM driven
H-bridge whose output can be directly connected to the transformer you
wish to use with a simple blocking filter at the switching frequency.

Malcolm

> Original Poster: gweaver <gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>
> I would like to have a converter to run my small portable TC from a car
> battery. Does anyone have a good circuit drawing for a converter that is
> small, simple, light weight, that really works. I need 750 watts, 120 VAC
> from 12 VDC 60 Hz.

<snip>