[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Success with PP Multi-Mini Cap

> Original Poster: NickandSim-at-aol-dot-com
>          just a thought but aren't the output leads on commercial
polyprop
> caps so small that using copper pipe etc. to connect them up is
pointless.

> Nick Field

You bet... However, given the high pulse currents, you might as well
minimize the losses where you can. Interestingly, I've done some tests with
both 1/4" tubing and #12 house wire for a primary on a small coil, and
there is NO significant difference in performance.  However, the tubing
stands up a lot better when you throw the coil in the back seat of the car.