[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Coil Measurements

Hi Viv,

Be sure to check out my page at:

www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/experiments/experiments.html

	For simple ring downs and such, a CB radio or other antenna loaded with a
50ohm resistor right at the scope input works very well and gives pretty
accurate wave forms.  If you are really trying to be accurate, see my
plane-wave antenna at the above site.  I also do fiber optic stuff but that
is pretty involved.  A simple piece of wire will show a lot but you really
need to load it somehow to keep the input capacitance of the scope from
attenuating high frequencies or the wave forms loose high frequency
information.

	Terry