[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Success with PP Multi-Mini Cap

Nick,

I think that since they are so short (especially when connected/soldered)
that the total resistance and dissipation from them is tiny. If you bung 100A
through a 1" length of wire it will heat up lots more than a 0.1" length, but
1" of copper pipe might only just get warm. the rationale between using heavy
interconnects is that these longer connections should be as fat as possible.

Personally, my MMC doesn't use copper pipe for the interconnects, purely
because the units are crammed so close together on my veroboard that I can
just solder the legs to the pads on the underside - they are only 0.1" apart
and a big blob of solder seems fine.

Alex