[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ASG vs NST....and in this corner! Saltwater Caps!

>The audio generator probably has 600 ohms of output resistance.

It's ajustable from like 0 to 5000

  Normally,
>it is meant to drive such difficult loads as 2000 ohm stereo input jacks,
>Experimenter's op-amp circuits and those little walkman speakers.

This thing was build long before op-amps (or any ic's) and wwalkmans.

  The
>power output is probably on the order of 0.15 watts.  Ie. it doesn't have
>any output power :-)

It will put out a full 100 volts (and probably more as it will slam the
needle) The wattage meter pegs at about 90....got any other ideas?

This one's a real pain....but it wouldn't be any fun if it were easy.

>Salt water caps worked for Tesla....

Really? I didn't know he actually used them too...cool. We've given that
serious thought. Could we use the plastic 5Gal bottles that water machines
use? (Think office building)
I can get them cheap, and they have LOTS of surface area....but how do I
make them in the value I need?

Alright....hit me...

The Coronaphile
Christopher A. Boden