[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bi-polar (center-fed) TC

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Wells Campbell <wellscampbell-at-erols-dot-com>
>
> Brent:
>
> Ah...here we have evidence of an underlying difference of purpose
> between coilers such as yourself, and "those who use equations and fancy
> math stuff". The intent of the people who build coils, measure and
> examine the results, feed their observations into theoretical models and
> compare, is ultimately to understand -why- the coils are behaving the
> way they are, in order to improve the mathematical modelling, so that it
> is more accurate, and can be applied to other things, and added to our
> fundamental understanding of the universe around us. Those who simply
> build, will in the long run, simply add ozone.

[snip]

Ah encore.  It seems reasonable to suggest that Tesla's own purpose was two
fold.
He also wanted to add to his fundamental understanding of the universe.
But his
principal purpose was to use the device as part of a system to transmit energy
without wires.  Perhaps the first part is enough the satisfy the average
coiler.
Few, if any, are still interested in  wireless energy transmission.  For
the best
explanation of this use see the excellent article by Henry Bradford, Part I,
published in the Old Timers' Bulletin of the Antique Wireless Association,
February, 1999.  I think Part II will appear in the April or May edition.
Wallace Edward Brand