[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

flat strip primary

Hi all,
	i just got a load of 20 mm x 1 mm(3/4" x .06") flat  copper strip from the
local scrap yard. I think is used for lightning conductors. I am thinking
of making a flat strip primary with some of it. Does anyone have any
experience of doing this?. What i need to know is how much spacing I will
need between turns. I am thinking of using some 1 mm poly between the
turns, but how many layers do i need. I am using a 9 kv transformer rated
at 60 mA. Should I use the same rule of thumb as with caps and assume 300
volts per mil. How do I work out the equivalent dimensions to round section
to plug in to win Tesla?. This is not to much of a problem  for me as I
have a bridge, but It would be helpful. So many questions not enough time.

many thanks

bob golding