[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Disc Construction

At 08:11 06/05/99 -0600, you wrote:
 Why not go for a few thinner
>sheets and
>simply bolt them together (like I had originally planned)? What diameter and
>motor
>speed will you be running it at? 1/2" sounds like a little overkill here.

hi Reinhard,

	maybe 1/2" is overkill. What I am planning is to fix the rotary on to the
end of a rotary inverter. The speed is 3000 rpm and the wattage is
600watts. I haven't decided on the design yet, i am thinking of using a
variation on Brett turners design. a lot depends on whether i can get a
machinst to do it for me or if I have to do it myself. i only chose 1/2"
based on other peoples designs. I haven't decided on the  final diameter
yet. Any feedback on this will be most welcome. The idea of fixing it to
the end on the rotary converter is that it will be a true synchronous gap
regardless of the running speed. This means that I can control the power to
the coil from the dc supply or with the variac on the output. Can anyone
see any problems with this arrangement?

many thanks

bob golding