[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: flat strip primary

In a message dated 5/6/99 5:58:47 AM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

  Bob

  I have a coil setup nearly identical to yours using the same transformer.
It uses 1" brass strapping wound in a flat spiral using 1/4" poly rope hot
glued between layers.  The rope is simply wound with the ribbon at the same
time.  This makes a compact, high inductance coil per unit primary.  No
flashover between turns ever occurs.  This particular coil has 24 turns for a
broad tuning range of secondary coils.

Kevin E.

Hi all,