[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Electronic Power Meter IC

In a message dated 5/8/99 2:55:51 AM Mountain Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> 1) A while ago there was a thread regarding power measurement via
>  optoisolators and a few other components.  Someone was going to put
>  together the circuit, I think on a PC board, and perhaps make it available
>  to the rest of us.  Any progress in that regard?

I was hoping to help in this, but haven't had time lately to even fire up my
TC.  I am going to be moving at the end of the month, so it may take a while.

>  2) Cirrus Logic Inc. has just made available an IC designed to replace
>  mechanical power meters.  It requires a low end microcontroller to complete
>  the circuit, and can use either low cost shunt elements or a current
>  transformer on the AC mains.  You can read about it at
>  http://www.cirrus-dot-com and look for IC product number CS5460.

Interesting.  I requested a sample of this chip.  We'll see if they send me
one.

Mike