[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: more rsg/cap queries

Hi Richie,
I've got a question for you (or anyone),

You mentioned that "if the gap fails to fire....the voltage will be 41%
higher" (see below).

Why will it be 41% higher? I know the voltage will continue to rise, but (in
laymans terms) as the next electrode "whistles" by, why wouldn't that
electrode dictate the firing voltage if it fired? Are you talking about a
specific gap? The gap itself ultimately determines the firing voltage, based
on alignment frequency, charge, and gap spacing.

Bart