[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Disc Construction

No problem, Just making sure the intent was clear (I'm no math giant so a
complete simulation of the electrical behavior, well, that's just beyond my
current skills).

>>As for the offset. Let me see if I can explain it without resorting to
>>ASCII...
>>Take a simple rotor, equally spaced rotating electrodes, and two fixed
>>electrodes (one on each side of the rotor).  The offset would be the
>>centerline difference (if any) in the two fixed electrodes.
>>If the fixed electrodes are in line with each other then the mechanical
>>dwell will be maxed and determined by the speed of the rotating electrode
>>and it's diameter. If you offset the centerline of the fixed electrodes
>>(without changing any other parameters) you will reduce the dwell since
the
>>overlap will be less.
>Oh, okay I get it now, but wouldnīt you do the same thing, by simply
>reducing the electrode size?. E.g. Your offset is so that you only use
>1/2 of a 1" electrode. In this case you could simply use a 1/2" electrode
>instead, it would make no difference. However, the offset (or electrode
>diameter reduction) will also reduce the wear rate vs. current capability.

Absolutely correct. The advantage (as I see it) is the ability to easily
adjust the dwell without having to machine different sized electrodes...

>Coiler greets from germany,
>Reinhard

Hope you're feeling better...
Brian D. Basura