[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

New Guy / Primary Coil

                     Original Poster: Greg Murray (waltmurray-at-msn-dot-com)

Hi All,
         My name is Greg. I have been monitoring this list for a while, and I
think I'm ready to build a
Tesla Coil. This is my first attempt at actually building a Tesla Coil, but I
have used them to
teach people about Tesla in the Museum of Science, Boston (Home of the world's
largest air-insulated Van de Graaff generator) Anyway, I was thinking about
constructing my primary with
25 or so turns of 10awg copper wire. Will  this work?, and if it does, should
I use bare or insulated?, solid or stranded? (I was thinking about Essex 10
awg type THHN stranded)

Thanks in advance,
Greg Murray
- Museum of Science, Boston