[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: classic demo, and motor modification

Hi Grayson,

	The stage performer Henry Transtrom performed this stunt hundreds of times
and was considered THE expert at it...  Until he was electrocuted...

I would consider the "result" of his years of experience the best advice of
all...

	Terry

BTW - He was also the author of Henry L. Transtrom's "Electricity at High
Pressures and Frequencies".

At 11:01 PM 5/10/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Just how dangerous is the stunt of connecting one's self to the
>secondary's output, and letting the arcs splay off rods held in the hands
>or thimbles on the fingers?
>Assuming a reliable system, adequate insulation (mainly distance, I would
>guess) from any ground, and no strikes to the primary, then the actual
>stunt shouldn't be dangerous, right?
>I, and several of my HV-loving friends, would love to try this. Sort of
>like becomming a demigod for a few seconds, eh?
>Seeing how most people don't seem to be doing anything of this sort,
>short of a few advanced coilers in California, then I'm well aware I may
>recieve hardy no-go advice from you listies, but it can't hurt to ask.
snip...