[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Skin Effect

Antonio, Bert, Malcolm,

Thanks for explaining this so clearly. It seems that there are some
large holes in that old physics class :') .

Anyway, I was thinking of using braid or some other material where there
are significant frequency dependant (skin effect?) losses to wind chokes
which could be used in a protection circuit. If the chokes attempted to
ring at a higher frequency, the loss factor would be higher, dissipating
the kickback energy. They would have to be able to sink some heat, but
so would power resistors, right? Also, might a non-inductively arranged
length of HF-lossy material such as braid be used in a Resistor-bypass
cap filter? If no one can think of an obvious reason why not, I think
I'll roll some...

Wells