[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: OZONE (Generators)

Jim Lux wrote:..."controlling the primal forces of nature?"
HOLY NIKOLA, Jim. Is that what I've been doing? An I thought I was just
playin' with sparks! That might explain the "maniacal leer  and gleam in
my eye." ;-] But seriously now folks, a possible use for a TC (solid
state, most likely) as an ozone generator. Some carpet cleaning
companies and smoke odor removal companies use ozone generators made
with neon transformers and a grouping of single electrode, low pressure
glass tubes with a fan blowing air in, and ozone out.( Ozone, in the
proper concentration, is a powerful odor elimanator, although harmfull
to humans and other living (and some non-living) things.) The ozone
generators I've seen and worked on are heavy, poorly designed, and fail
often. They use NSTs in an 'open circuit' design, which is almost as
hard on them as in TC use. A lightweight, properly designed, reliable,
solid state TC based ozone generator MIGHT be a 'real world' application
for solid state T-coils. (NOTE: Ozone IS an unstable, corrosive and
human-unfriendly gas, so use caution (and ventilation!)
T-Coilin' in Texas
Tony Greer (Who still loves the smell of ozone in the morning ! With
proper ventilation, of coarse.)

-- BEGIN included message

Original Poster: "Jim Lux" <jimlux-at-jpl.nasa.gov>

-- END included message