[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

digital cameras

I'm looking for a digital camera that is suitable for "open flash" kinds of
exposures, or at least one that has reasonable synchronization between the
push of the button (preferably electronic) and when the exposure gets made.
I want to take pictures of sparks (like Jacob's ladder and tesla coils) and
high speed phenomena using a spark gap light source: Work in the dark, open
the shutter, fire the flash, close the shutter.

Even if the exposure time is only 1/60th second, it is ok, providing I can
externally trigger it, so that I can make sure that the time the "shutter"
is open is when I am doing my thing.

Most of the cheap cameras seem to have a highly variable delay on the order
of 100's of mSec between push of the button and making the exposure.

Likewise, taking good spark photos requires holding the shutter open for
some time.

EMI immunity is not an issue, because I can put the camera in a shielded
box.