[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Variacs, HV Jell, and LTRS Caps

Hi Terry:

I repotted my NST in melted Vaseline jelly.  It was easy, just melted it
in a pot (to a water-like viscosity) and poured it in, and it re-jelled
to its original consistency.  It's given me no problems, breakdown or
leaking-wise, since.

What is the thinking behind the potting of your caps?  I would have
thought that something internal to the cap would break down before you
got arcing externally?

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA