[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Eimac 3-1000H Tube Info

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: TeslaTec-at-webtv-dot-net (Tony R Greer)
>
> Hi Coilers,
> The other day, I had the great fortune of being 'gifted' with the afore
> mentioned new large tube for free (my FAVORITE price!) Would it make a
> good TC toob? I assume It's a 1kW triode, but, what does the "H"
> indicate? Also, does anyone know the rest of the specs for this beast,
> such as filiment voltage and current, plate voltage and current, etc?
> Also, are there any construction plans on the WWW with this or similar
> type Toob coil that anyone knows about? >>> Thanks, from Tony, the Texas
> T-Coiler.
-------------------------------------
Tony

The following specs are from my Varian / Eimac Tube Catalog circa 1992.

3-1000H is a medium-mu triode designed for use in industrial heating
(inductive/dielectric [author]) service. 3-1000Z is the high mu version
tube used as a modulator and linear applifier.

CHARACTERISTICS
Plate dissipation (Max)		1000W
Grid dissipation		  50W
Cooling				Radiation and Forced-Air
Filament
	Voltage			7.5VAC
	Current			20A
	Power			150W
Capacitances
	Input			16pF
	Output			0.5pF
	Feed-through		8.0pF
Amplification Factor		25
Base				5-Pin Special
Recommended Air System Socket	SK-510	(Eimac)
Recommended Air System Chimney	SK-516  (Eimac)
Recommended Plate Connector	HR-8
Maximum Plate Seal Temperature	225 deg C
Maximum Base Seal Temperature	200 deg C
Maximum Length			7.88 in; 200.2 mm
Maximum Diameter		5.25 in; 133.4 mm
Weight (approximately)		1.2 lb; 0.54 kg
Operating Position		Vertical; base up or down
------------------------------
Maximum Pulse cathode current (based on 40mA / fil W
Termann Radio Engineering) ... ~6.0 A
------------------------------
Class Operation		C
Type of Service		RF Power Oscillator
Max Ratings
	Plate V (Ebb)	6000
	Plate I (Ib)	0.70
Typical Operation
	Plate V (Ebb)	6000
	Plate I (Ib)	0.70
	Useful Pout (W) 3200
*Above ratings are for DC

For AC powering, Ebb is RMS value
		Ibb is 55% of DC value (~0.40 A)

This will make an AWESOME VTTC power oscillator tube.
Would wind primary with 1/4" copper tubing, MINIMUM.
Tank and GLB capacitors would have to be RATED at least
15kV_AC_ and continuous current rating of 15A (Q of 20 assumed).

Only better tube then this is a 5867A (4kV, induction heating tube)
or 4PR400 or 4PR1000 (20kV pulse regulator, pulse modulator tube).

NICE find, at a heck-of-a-price... :^)

Regards

DAVE SHARPE, TCBOR
Chesterfield, VA, USA