[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Surge protectors as silent spark gaps

You might want to try it with a bigger cap, to accurately simulate the current
you'd get in TC service, since with a 10nF cap at 15kV, you would have
about 5x the
current, because the cap would be charged with higher voltage. So, I'd say
try it
with a .47uF cap, and if it works with that, and you can get enough, it would
probably work, as long as it breaks down suddenly, rather than on a curve,
which
could cause problems, depending on the steepness of the curve. Check the
specifications on it if possible.