[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HV jell

In a message dated 5/19/99 4:35:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< Original Poster: Michael Tucknott <Michael.Tucknott-at-virgin-dot-net>

 Hi all
 Has anybody thought of filling a poly and foil cap with petroleum
 jelly not oil.

 Comments?

 Cheers Mike Tucknott
The idea of the oil is that it seeps in between the layers and displaces any
air. That reduces / eliminates coronal arcing from the edges of the metal
foil. I don't think P.J. will permeate between the poly and the foil that
well, even if heated to a liquid when inserted into the container. Plus, a
considerable amount of damage can be caused by an internal arc before the
jelly can melt down to kind of self repair. I'll stick to what I know works.

Rich Sebzda
Your friendly neighborhood catscan repairman.