[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Trying to find a certain coiler

In a message dated 5/22/99 3:12:33 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>  I'm trying to find the name of of a coiler who used to be located in
>  Akron , OH.
>  This is sort of for a friend--- someone who sold the said coiler about
>  100 pouns of 16 or 18 gauge magnet wire a few years back.
>  His picture was in a National Geographic article on lightning, one
>  featuring a coil of the TCBOR, I believe, and one built by Bill Wysock
>  for someone who paints with the arc from the TC.....
>  I believe it was the "Nemesis" coil that was featured. A copy of the same
>  photo is displayed at the Grand Junction in Newport News, VA.
>  the article:
>  Lightning - Nature's High-Voltage Spectacle
>  National Geographic, July 1993.
>  I suspect him to be a member of the TCBOR.
>
>  Thanks for any info you could offer.
>
>  With silent lightning in my hands,
>  -The Electrophile-
>  Grayson Dietrich
Grayson,
    I am looking at the article, but do not see anyone from Akron.  Richard
Hull is the coiler with Nemesis, but he is from Richmond, Va.  There are
three others in the picture with Richard, but their names are not given.
The artist shown with the TC is Dave Archer, but he lives in San Rafael, Ca.
Sorry, this isn't much help, but maybe you can contact the TCBOR(Tesla coil
builders of Richmond) and see if they can locate this person for you.
Mike