[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Eimac 3-1000H Tube Info - TNX

About the rattling tube thing...

	There are types of glass that soak up and
trap water vapor.  I don't know if they still do but
they used to put a slab of this stuff in the metal cap
of diamond mount power transistors (TO5 can?) to
scavange the last bit of stray water vapor in the
envelope.
	I've seen glass chips in vacuum tube
envelopes.  I'd bet it's there for the same reason.
the vacuum in a tube isn't perfect but it better be
dry.
	So just because a tube rattles doesn't mean
it's dead.  They aren't as simple as lightbulbs.

	Just a thought...

	John