[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: CS Centenary

Hi all,
        I fired the CS model on a NST last night. I used a multiple
cylinder gap tapped at 6kV as the extra coil was threatening to
flashover constantly at any higher primary energy level. It looked
pretty but I got much better results with a 2"x7" extra coil topped
with some small toroids placed outside the "fence" and the gap
setting at 10kV (Ep = 240mJ or so). I have no idea what the breakrate
was. I was using a 12kV-at-30mA transformer and with the 10kV gap
setting never bothered with safety gaps or filters. The taller extra
coil was firing solid 8" sparks at the top of the secondary and about
8 or 9 simultaneous streamers off the toroids.
    Conclusion: a bit disappointing with the short extra coil. The
output voltages demanded for good results were just too high for such
a short coil.
    BTW, there was a very significant degree of coupling to the extra
coil when it placed (elevated as in the original) in the centre of
the secondary ad I found it worked better when placed outside. I will
use Dr Rzsesotarski's coupling program to find out what k was and
also determine what Tesla's setup k was.

Malcolm