[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 18 AWG Magnet wire.******

18 AWG wire will be great for a large coil.  A 42" tall secondary coil will
have 990 turns of wire.  Perfect for a 15" diameter PVC pipe.  With about
10KW to 12KW input you should get arcs about 14' to 15' long.

I suggest you save the #18 wire for a larger coil.

Get some #24 wire at a motor repair shop and build a 4" coil.  After you get
some experience building a small coil then think about building a larger
coil.  Next build a 6" or 8" coil, then after that use the #18 wire to build
a 15" coil.

Gary Weaver